JAGUAR LAND ROVER LIMITED
JAGUAR LAND ROVER TRADE PARTS SCRATCH CARD COMPETITION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions apply to ‘Jaguar Land Rover Trade Parts Scratch Card’ Competition (the "Competition"). The Competition is entered by residents of the UK over the age of 18 who are registered as an approved trade customer on the ‘JLR Trade Parts Database’ throughout the duration of the Competition Opening Period (defined below). To enter, entrants must spend at least £100 (excluding VAT) on Jaguar and/or Land Rover parts in one single transaction from a UK Jaguar Land Rover Trade Retailer, and complete the 3 (three) stages of the Scratch Card (as defined below). If the entrant: correctly answers the multiple choice question on stage 1 of the Scratch Card; and reveals 3 (three) ‘WIN’ symbols on stage 2 of the Scratch Card; and reveals details of a prize in stage 3, they will win the prize displayed on stage 3 of the Scratch Card. Prizes available to be won are: a Jaguar F Type, Jaguar E Pace, Range Rover Sport SVR, Range Rover Evoque, 65” Samsung Smart 4K Ultra HD TV, Sony PlayStation 4 Pro, Apple Watch S3 Cellular 38mm, Apple 11” iPad Pro (2018) (64GB), a Jaguar branded golf umbrella, Jaguar branded pen, Land Rover branded solar watch, a Land Rover branded golf umbrella and a Land Rover mug.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By entering this Competition you confirm your acceptance and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Competition is promoted by Jaguar Land Rover Limited; Registered in England and Wales; No 1672070; Registered Office: Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry, CV3 4LF, England (“JLR”) and is managed and administered on behalf of JLR by Bamboo Marketing (Worcester) Limited; No 09958704, Registered Office: Brook Court, Whittington Hall, Worcester, WR5 2RX (“Bamboo”) (together the "Promoters").
3. These Terms and Conditions apply so far as the law permits so please read them carefully before entering.
4. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and the Competition.
CAN I ENTER THE COMPETITION?
5. This Competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom. Entrants must be aged 18 and over and must be registered as an approved trade customer on the ‘Jaguar Land Rover Trade Parts Database’ throughout the duration of the Competition Opening Period (defined in Clause 9). Customers who are not approved trade customers and/or customers who are generic cash customers will not be eligible to enter the Competition. Proof of age will be required from all Competition winners.
6. The Competition requires entrants to spend a minimum of £100 (one hundred pounds sterling) excluding VAT in total on 1 (one) or more Jaguar and/or Land Rover branded parts in one single transaction from an authorised UK Jaguar Land Rover Trade Retailer (“JLR Trade Retailer”) to enter. A list of participating JLR Trade Retailers can be viewed via the following links: www.jaguar.co.uk/traderetailers.html for Jaguar and www.landrover.co.uk/traderetailers.html for Land Rover.
7. No employees, agents or suppliers of the Promoters, associated companies (including JLR’s retailer network) or their Family Members will be eligible to take part in the Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, “Family Members” means the parents, children, siblings, aunts and uncles, grandparents, grandchildren of an employee, agent or supplier of the Promoters, (JLR’s retailer network) and associated companies.
8. In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. It will be the Promoters’ sole decision as to whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
9. The Competition is open on and from 1st May 2019 at 08:00 hours and closes on 31st October 2019 at 20:00 hours (the “Closing Date”) inclusive (together the “Competition Opening Period”). Scratch Cards (as defined in Clause 13(ii)) will only be issued to entrants whose Invoices (defined in Clause 13(ii)) are dated within the Competition Opening Period, and Scratch Cards will not be issued to entrants after the Closing Date.
10. Entrants may submit their winning Scratch Cards up to 3 (three) months after the Closing date, until January 31st 2020 at 12:00 hours (the “Scratch Card Submission Period”). Winning Scratch Cards submitted by entrants after the Scratch Card Submission Period will not be counted or eligible to win.
11. The Competition will require access to a JLR Trade Retailer by visiting the JLR Trade Retailer’s premises or contacting the Retailer via telephone or email to process the sale of the part(s), access to an email account and/or telephone, access to a computer, and internet access. This will not be provided by the Promoters nor will the Promoters be responsible for providing you with an email account. The entrants do not need to have or create an account on the Platforms.
12. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry which does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or if your conduct is contrary to the spirt or intention of the Competition.
HOW TO ENTER13. To enter, simply:
ii. Upon purchase, you will be issued with an invoice (“Invoice”) and either a Jaguar or Land Rover branded Competition scratch card (“Scratch Card”) attached to the Invoice. If you have made the purchase over the telephone or via email, the Scratch Card will be issued to you by the JLR Trade Retailer delivery person upon delivery of the part(s) to you.
iii. Complete the stages of the Scratch Card as follows:
Stage 2 : Select and scratch off 3 (three) of the 9 (nine) panels on stage 2 of the Scratch Card. The panels will reveal ‘WIN’ or ( XXX ) (lose) underneath.
Stage 3 : Scratch off the panel on stage 3 of the Scratch Card to reveal either (i) the words ‘NO WIN’ underneath, or (ii) the prize that you have won underneath.
iv. If you have:
2) revealed ‘WIN’ underneath all 3 (three) panels you have scratched off in stage 2 of the Scratch Card, AND
3) revealed the prize in stage 3 of the Scratch Card,
you have won a prize. The prize will be one of the Prizes as defined and listed in Clause 25. You must meet all of the conditions in this Clause 13(iv) to be eligible to win a prize.
v. If you have:
2) revealed (XXX) on any of the panels on Stage 2 of the Scratch Card; or
3) revealed ‘NO WIN’ at stage 3 on the Scratch Card,
then you have not won a prize.
14. Once payment for your Invoice has been received by the JLR Trade Retailer, you may redeem your prize. To redeem your prize, present both your winning Scratch Card and the attached Invoice to either the JLR Trade Retailer that you made the purchase of the Jaguar and/or Land Rover part(s) from, or the JLR Trade Parts delivery person you have received your part(s) delivery from, within the Scratch Card Submission Period. Upon submission, Winners will be asked to provide their name, contact email and contact telephone number to the JLR Trade Retailer or JLR Trade Parts delivery person in order to be contacted by the Promoters with details of the Prize. Data will be handled in accordance with Clause 42.
15. Only Scratch Cards that have been used and submitted correctly in accordance with clause 13 above will be considered as a valid entry.
16. If you scratch off more than one 1 (one) of the multiple choice answers on stage 1 of the Scratch Card; and/or scratch off more than 3 (three) panels on stage 2 of the Scratch Card, and/or there is any evidence of tampering, the Scratch Card will become void and you will not be eligible to win. It is the entrants’ responsibility to check that the Scratch Card has not been tampered with or damaged and that none of the foil has been removed upon being issued with the Scratch Card and before using the Scratch Card. If any of the foil on the Scratch Card has been removed or tampered with, you must immediately notify the JLR Trade Retailer or JLR Trade Retailer delivery person that has issued you with the Scratch Card and request another Scratch Card (of that same Jaguar or Land Rover brand) to be issued to you. The Promoters shall not be responsible for checking that the Scratch Cards have not been tampered with before issuing them to entrants.
17. If your Scratch Card is not presented with the Invoice, the Scratch Card will become void and you will not be eligible to win. If you require the Invoice to be reprinted, you must contact the JLR Trade Retailer that you made the purchase from (either by visit, telephone or email) within the Scratch Card Submission Period so that they can reissue the Invoice within the Scratch Card Submission Period.
18. Entrants may make more than one transaction with the JLR Trade Retailer during the Competition Opening Period and may therefore be issued with more than 1 (one) Scratch Card (subject to spending the minimum amount as set out in clause 6), however only one Scratch Card will be issued per transaction / Invoice. Entrants may, therefore, win more than one Prize (defined below) throughout the duration of the Competition.
19. Scratch Cards will be issued at the JLR Trade Retailers’ discretion. You may not swap your Jaguar branded Scratch Card for a Land Rover branded Scratch Card, and vice versa.
20. If, for any reason, a technical interruption equipment failure, telephone failure, network, server, computer hardware or software failure or site failure or postal failure occurs and the Competition is not capable of running as planned or entries are not received or validly submitted or the Prizes (as defined below) are disrupted, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition if necessary.
21. The Promoters do not take any responsibility for incomplete entries or entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit (regardless of cause) and any such entries will not be considered valid.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition if necessary.
23. Entrants who have (i) selected and scratched off the correct (✔) answer in stage 1 of the Scratch Card; and (ii) revealed ‘WIN’ underneath all 3 (three) panels you have scratched off in stage 2 of the Scratch Card; and (iii) revealed the prize in stage 3 of the Scratch Card, will be the Competition winners (the “Winners”).
24. The names of the Winners who have presented valid, winning Scratch Cards will be final.
25. The Winner will win the Prize. The prize will be one of the following products:
Jaguar branded Scratch Cards:
|Product||Quantity of prizes||Value (per product)|
|SAMSUNG UE65NU7020 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED Television||15||£999|
|Sony PlayStation 4 Pro||15||£350|
|Apple Watch S3 Cellular 38mm||16||£399|
|Apple 11” iPad Pro (2018) – 64GB||12||£745|
|Jaguar branded golf umbrella||2,000||£35|
|Jaguar branded pen||5,000||£35|
Land Rover branded Scratch Cards:
|Product||Quantity of prizes||Value (per product)|
|Range Rover Sport SVR||1||£101,000|
|Range Rover Evoque||3||£32,000|
|SAMSUNG UE65NU7020 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED Television||35||£999|
|Sony PlayStation 4 Pro||30||£350|
|Apple Watch S3 Cellular 38mm||35||£399|
|Apple 11” iPad Pro (2018) – 64GB||15||£745|
|Land Rover mug||15,000||£15|
|Land Rover branded solar watch||220||£255|
|Land Rover branded golf umbrella||6,000||£35|
(each individual product a "Prize”), and 28,399 Prizes in total are available to be won (each Prize at the quantities listed above).
26. The Prize displayed on stage 3 of your Scratch Card is the Prize you will be issued. Prizes cannot be swapped or substituted for other Prizes in the tables above.
27. Prizes may only be redeemed once payment of your Invoice has been received by the JLR Trade Retailer. You will not be eligible to win a Prize if payment of your Invoice has not been received within the JLR Trade Retailer’s payment terms.
28. Once payment for your Invoice has been received by the JLR Trade Retailer in accordance with Clause 27, the Winner will be contacted using the telephone number or email address provided by the Winner within 24 hours from having submitted their Scratch Card and Invoice to the JLR Trade Retailer, and will be asked to confirm their name and postal address and that they accept the Prize. The Winners will also be provided with full details of the Prize they have won and details of delivery of the Prize.
29. A contact telephone number/email address will be provided on the back of the Scratch Cards for entrants to contact the Promoters if you have any Competition enquiries.
30. Jaguar and Land Rover merchandise Prizes as listed in the tables in Clause 25 will be sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery to the postal address supplied by the Winner. A signature will be required upon delivery. The Samsung, Sony PlayStation and Apple branded Prizes as listed in the tables in Clause 25 will be sent via the individual suppliers’ own delivery services. Winners of the F Type, E Pace, Range Rover Sport SVR and Range Rover Evoque Prize vehicles will have the choice of collecting their Prize vehicle from a JLR Trade Retailer or having the vehicle delivered to your business address. This will be arranged between the Promoters and the Winners upon acceptance of the Prize vehicle.
31. There are no cash or credit alternative prizes and the Prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable. The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
32. If the Promoter subsequently discovers the Winner is ineligible, has breached these Terms and Conditions, or foul play or unethical conduct is suspected under these Terms and Conditions then the Promoter reserves the right to not award the Prize.
33. If any part of this Competition, including the Scratch Cards and the Prizes offered, is unavailable, cancelled or suspended for any reason whatsoever due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter will not be able to offer an alternative and will not owe any further liability to the Winner and/or entrants. The Winner will not be entitled to any monetary equivalent or compensation for costs or expenses incurred or suffered in connection with taking up the Prize.
34. Winners accept that the Prize could be cancelled or suspended for any reason whatsoever beyond the control of the Promoter.
35. In the event that any Winner is unable to take up the Prize for any reason they must notify Promoters immediately. In this circumstance, the Prize will not be granted to an alternative entrant. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the Prize.
36. You acknowledge and agree that the Promoters will not be responsible for any travel costs/expenses incurred by entrants when visiting the JLR Trade Retailers to collect or submit their Scratch Cards/Invoices and/or when collecting the Prize vehicles.
37. In all circumstances, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
38. Neither the Promoter or its affiliates, agents, officers or employees will be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss or damage arising out of organising or holding this Competition or as a result of an entrant's participation in it, participation in any of the activities or as a result of the Winner winning, participating in, collecting or enjoying the Prize and/or the Competition, or if the Competition does not run as planned. This paragraph does not seek to exclude the liability of any party listed in this paragraph for (a) death or personal injury caused by their negligence, (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, and/or (c) any other matter for which it would be unlawful for them to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability. Your statutory rights are not affected.
39. The Promoter may change these Terms and Conditions or cancel the Competition at their absolute discretion and without incurring liability as a result unless the Prize has been awarded. GENERAL 40. Apple Watch and iPad Pro are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. Samsung is a trademark of Samsung in the United States and other countries.
41. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Apple, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. or Samsung.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
42. By entering this Competition, you understand that the Promoters (and its agents, contractors and group members on its behalf) may process, store, distribute and/or use the information (including personal data) you provide in your Competition entry and in the process of entering:
(b) To notify you if you are a Winner. If you are a Winner you agree that the Promoters may announce or make available on request your name and county/town unless you object to the Promoters doing so or request that the amount of personal information announced or made available is reduced by the Promoters, in accordance with Clause 44; and
(c) To share with organisations assisting with the conduct of the Competition and fulfilment of the Prize.
43. Entrants’ name and contact information used for the purpose of this Competition shall be retained for a period of 6 (six) months from the end of the Scratch Card Submission Period.
44. Should any Winner object to their name and county/town of residence being announced or made available upon request by the Promoters, they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Promoters will not announce or make available the personal information of any Winners who have objected. The Promoter may, however, need to provide such data for any lawful or regulatory purposes to a regulator.
45. Data will be handled in accordance with (i) any data protection legislation from time to time in force in the UK including the Data Protection Act 1998 or 2018 and any successor legislation; and (ii) for so long as and to the extent that the law of the EU has legal effect in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679), and any other directly applicable EU regulation relating to privacy.
47. To find out the name and country of the Winners please send your request to email@example.com.
48. If you have any other questions about the Competition, please send you question by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the Competition ends.
49. If you have any questions about how your contact information is being handled, please contact DPOffice@jaguarlandrover.com