Extreme Sailing Series Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
2. This Prize Draw is promoted and managed by Jaguar Land Rover Limited, registered in England and Wales, registered office: Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry CV3 4LF, England, Company No. 1672070 (the “Promoter”).
3. These Terms and Conditions apply so far as the law permits so please read them carefully before entering.
CAN I ENTER THE PRIZE DRAW?
4. This Prize Draw is free to enter (no purchase necessary).
5. The Prize Draw is open to all UK Residents (excluding the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland) who have participated in a Land Rover activity at a local sailing club, aged 18 or over at the time of entry. Proof of age will be required from the winner.
6. The following individuals will not be eligible to enter this Prize Draw:
a) anyone involved with the operation, promotion or administration of this Prize Draw; and/or
b) any employees, agents or suppliers of the Promoter and their associated companies or the Promoter's retailer network or their families.
HOW TO ENTER
7. The Prize Draw is open from 12.00AM BST on 1st May 2017 and will close at 11.59PM BST on 24th July (the “Prize Draw Period”).
8. A follow up email containing a link to enter this Prize Draw will be sent to the email address provided by participants of the Land Rover activity at a local sailing club. After clicking this link you will be asked to fill in your details and submit this as an entry to the Prize Draw.
9. Only valid entries received within the Prize Draw Period and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be eligible for entry into the Prize Draw.
10. Entrants may submit only one valid entry during the Prize Draw Period. Any additional entries will not be included in the Prize Draw.
11. The prize is available to one winner and three nominated guests.
The prize will be:
• Four tickets (the “Tickets”) to the Extreme Sailing Series in Cardiff (the “Event”) on a date between 25th-28th August to be selected by the winner.
• These Tickets include watching the Land Rover BAR Academy team compete, having the opportunity to sail on the foiling GC32 catamarans and enjoy Land Rover’s unlimited hospitality for the day; and
• Winners must be available to travel between 25th and 28th August 2017. Subject to availability.
• Travel will be by train, must be off peak and booked in advance. Should the winner live in either in NI or Scotland, flights will be sourced where possible, subject to availability.
• Hotel is classed as a 4 star and is based on two people sharing two twin/double rooms (subject to availability) with ensuite facilities on a bed and breakfast basis. Hotel will be subject to availability and may be of a different star rating dependent on winner’s chosen date.
• Extreme Sailing Series tickets to be supplied direct to the winner by Land Rover. Tickets will be for the date stated. Subject to availability. Separate terms and conditions for the competition and tickets are available from the promoter/retailer.
12. The Promoter is not responsible for any additional costs and/or expenses in relation to the Prize (without limitation) includes travel costs, other than any specifically listed as part of the Prize above and for the specified periods of time (where applicable).
13. As the Prize will involve fixed dates it is the responsibility of the winning entrants to ensure that they (and their nominated guests) are available.
14. As alcohol is sold at this venue, proof of age may be required from the Prize Draw winners and their nominated guests. 15. Each valid entry received during the Prize Draw Period will be given a number and inserted into a spreadsheet. A number will then be picked at random by the Promoter’s marketing team on the 24th July 2017 (the “Selection Date”) to determine the winner. This process will be observed and verified by an independent observer. The selection process is final and therefore no correspondence will be entered into thereafter.
15. The winner will be contact via email within 2 working days of the Prize Draw Period ending. The Promoter will use the contact details supplied at the point of entry to contact the winner and will not be responsible if the contact details supplied to it are incorrect. Please ensure that contact details you provide are valid in order for the Promoter to contact you if you have won.
16. The winner will be asked to confirm their name and postal address and that they accept the Prize by replying to the Promoter. If the winner cannot be contacted within two working days after the first attempt to contact them, or the Prize is not claimed by a winner for any reason, it will be forfeited and the Promoter, reserves the right to pick an alternative winner in accordance with the process described above if the Prize is not claimed by this deadline. An alternative prize will not be awarded to that original winner.
17. If the Prize is not claimed by the winner, for any reason, it will be forfeited. The Promoter reserves the right (at its absolute discretion) to pick an alternative winner if the Prize is not claimed and this alternative winner will be selected at random in accordance with the process described above. No alternative prize will be awarded to the original winner.
18. If the Prize offered is unavailable, cancelled or suspended due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter has the right, but is not obliged, to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value to the Prize. The winner, or their nominated guests, are not entitled to any monetary equivalent or compensation for the tickets or for any costs or expenses incurred or suffered in connection with taking up the Prize.
19. There is no cash or credit alternative and the Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and is not for resale.
20. If the Promoter subsequently discovers a winner is ineligible, or has breached these Terms and Conditions or is suspected of engaging in any other foul play or unethical conduct, the Promoter reserves the right not to award the Prize to that winner and another entrant will be selected, in accordance with the process described above, as the winner. In that event, that original winner agrees to return the Prize (at his/her expense) immediately to the Promoter.
21. In all circumstances the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. Neither the Promoter nor their respective group companies, nor their respective affiliates, agents, officers or employees will be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss or damage arising out of organising or holding this Prize Draw or as a result of an entrant's participation, participation in any activities or as a result of a winner winning, collecting, using or enjoying the Prize, or if the Prize Draw does not run as planned. This clause does not seek to exclude the liability of the Promoter, any related third party and its respective group companies for (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence, (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, and/or (c) any other matter for which it would be unlawful for it to exclude or attempt to exclude it liability. 25. The Promoter may change these Terms and Conditions or cancel the Prize Draw at their absolute discretion without incurring liability as a result unless the Prize has been awarded.
23. These Terms and Conditions and any disputes arising therefrom shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and the Prize Draw including non-contractual claims.
USE OF PRIZE DRAW ENTRIES AND PERSONAL DATA
25. By entering the Prize Draw you agree that the Promoter (and its retailers, franchise partners, agents, contractors and group members on their behalf), may collect, process, store, distribute, retain and/or use the information (including personal data) you provide in your Prize Draw entry and in the process of entering:
• to enable them to administer your entry in the Prize Draw, including deciding whether it accords with these Terms and Conditions;
• to notify you if you are the winner of the Prize Draw. If you are the winner then your name and country may be published including, without limitation, on the Promoter’s own website and in other promotional materials and/or publications associated with the Prize Draw and/or notifies on request to members of the public; and
• to share with organisations assisting with the conduct of the Prize Draw and fulfilment of the Prize.
26. Unless you have opted out in the entry form, the Promoter (and their retailers’, franchise partners’, agents’, contractors’ and group members’) reserves the right to contact all entrants regarding various products, services, promotions and other related communications. If you no longer want to be contacted, you should email the Promoter at: email@example.com. You will also have the opportunity to opt-out of future correspondence in any subsequent communications.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
27. You agree that by entering this Prize Draw, you will comply with
a) the terms and conditions of the Prize Draw as set out in these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communications systems. Entries found or suspected to violate such laws and/or regulations and/or any third party rights will be disqualified from the Prize Draw and the Prize will be forfeited.
b) the terms and conditions applicable to the issue and use of the Extreme Sailing Series tickets available and set out at http://www.extremesailingseries.com
28.The winner and his/her guest acknowledges that he/she may be required to enter into a direct acknowledgement and/or agreement with The Extreme Sailing Series and/or the tournament organiser concerning use of the tickets and compliance with ticket terms and conditions prior to receiving the Prize.
29. The winner shall not, while using the Prize, display or publicize any political slogans or homophobic language, images of lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing or an abuse of Extreme Sailing, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon Extreme Sailing. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that any breach of this clause will cause significant damage and loss to Extreme Sailing.
30. The Promoter may pass personal information relating to the winner to Extreme Sailing concerning (and any of its service providers or agents) for the purposes of administering the Prize and, in the event of a suspected breach of any terms and conditions, rules or regulations of Extreme Sailing relating to the use of the Prize, investigating and taking action against such winners.
The winners’ name and details can be obtained by contacting the Promoter at: firstname.lastname@example.org within six weeks of 31st July 2017.
If you have any questions about this Prize Draw, please send your question by email to: email@example.com before 31st July 2017. We cannot accept Prize Draw entries via this email but will try to help you with your question.