In order to benefit from the InControl Protect services, you need to create your account online, registering your vehicle and activating the InControl services you have purchased.
How to activate InControl Protect
If setting up InControl has not already been carried out by your local retailer, this video provides an overview of how to register, connect and activate your InControl features.
To set up an InControl account, please visit My Land Rover InControl website.
If your retailer has not registered you for an account then follow the simple three step process below to register, connect and activate your InControl Protect services.
Before you start, you will need:
–– Access to the internet and an active email account
–– The last 8 characters of your Vehicle Identification Number
(VIN). The location of the VIN can be found in the Vehicle Labels sections of the owner’s handbook
–– Your vehicle parked outside and close by.
Step 1: Register
- Visit My Land Rover InControl website and click “create an account”, enter your email address for a registration email to be sent to you
- Click on the secure link in the email to take you back to the My Land Rover InControl website and follow the setup instructions to enter your contact details, security details and to identify your vehicle.
Step 2: Connect*
- Once you have progressed to the ‘Confirm Access to Vehicle’ web page, you will be asked to connect your account with the vehicle to confirm you are the owner or an authorised user of the vehicle
- To connect the vehicle with your account, go to the vehicle and start the engine
- Press and release the cover on the Optimised Land Rover Assistance button located on the left hand side of the overhead console
- Press and hold the button. After a couple of seconds the button will flash amber quickly. Continue holding the button for 10 seconds until the button flashes at a slower rate. Release the Optimised Land Rover Assistance button which will continue to flash slowly for a short period of time.
*If fitted, please ensure the Wi-Fi setting is turned off
Step 3: Activate
- Return to the My Land Rover InControl website, where the screen will automatically refresh after a few minutes to show your account has been successfully connected to your vehicle
- Complete your vehicle settings by entering a nickname for your vehicle and your registration number. You will also need to confirm if you would like to switch on the journey logging functionality which enables you to review and download your journey information from the smartphone app or the My Land Rover InControl website
- Your services will then be activated on your vehicle. Once successfully completed, you will receive an email confirming your account is active
- Please note: If the screen does not refresh to confirm successful connection, please return to step 2 and retry the connect process. If necessary move the vehicle to an area that has better mobile signal coverage.
Terms and Conditions
An error occurred creating a component.
Component with schema "Ready To Go Bar" and view "ready-to-go-bar" and title "Overview - RTGB" and ID "tcm:295-179710".
(Error was "There must be a CTA on the Ready To Go box, component Id tcm:295-179710 is missing a CTA")