WRITE YOUR OWN LANDY ADVENTURE COMPETITION –
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By entering this Competition you confirm your acceptance and agree to these Terms and Conditions and to the Land Rover Experience terms and conditions, which will be provided to the First Place Winners (defined below) and are also available on the Land Rover website: https://experience.landrover.com/customer-service/terms-of-use.
2. The Competition is promoted and managed by Jaguar Land Rover Limited; Registered in England and Wales; No 1672070; Registered Office: Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry, CV3 4LF, England (“JLR”). The Competition is managed and administered on behalf of JLR by Spark44 Limited, registered in England and Wales, company number 07535381, registered office at the White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London, England (“Spark44”) (JLR and Spark44 together the "Promoters").
3. These Terms and Conditions apply so far as the law permits so please read them carefully before entering.
4. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and the Competition.
5. The Competition is free to enter (no purchase necessary).
6. This Competition is open to all children aged 5 (five) to 8 (eight) years-old inclusive, who reside in the UK. Proof of age and identity may be required from all competition winners. An adult (aged 18 or over) as parent or legal guardian of the Entrant must submit the Competition entry on their behalf. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions the adult as parent or legal guardian submitting the entry is referred to as Parent or Guardian (“Parent or Guardian”), you or your, and the child as the Entrant (the “Entrant”).
7. A Parent or Guardian may submit an entry on behalf of more than 1 (one) Entrant.
8. The First Place Prize (defined below) includes 1 (one) voucher for a Half Day Land Rover Experience (the “Land Rover Experience”). The voucher includes the Land Rover Experience for the First Place Winner and up to 2 (two) guests. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 18 who agrees to be responsible for them during the Land Rover Experience. Proof of age and driving licence will be required from parents and guardians who wish to drive and they must have at least 3 (three) years’ uninterrupted driving experience on a full driving licence without serious accident or conviction in the last 2 (two) years, with no more than 6 (six) penalty points. Full licence details will be required from any drivers under the age of 28 (twenty-eight). Throughout the Land Rover Experience, all children must be seated in the vehicle in an appropriate child car seat/booster seat for their age and height as required by law, the provision and fitting of which shall be the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian. The winner can choose the location of the Land Rover Experience Centre. The voucher will be valid for 12 months from the Winner Announcement. Please find the full Land Rover Experience terms and conditions here: https://experience.landrover.com/customer-service/terms-of-use.
9. In entering the Competition on behalf of the Entrant, you confirm that the Entrant is eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. You also confirm that the Story submitted by the Entrant is their own work and does not infringe the rights of any third parties. It will be the Promoter’s sole decision as to whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met and we may require evidence or confirmation from Entrants and/or Parents or Guardians before awarding prizes.
10. The Competition is open from 9:00am on 4th March 2021 and closes at 00:59pm on 25th March 2021 inclusive (the “Competition Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Competition Period are automatically disqualified.
11. Only one entry per Entrant is permitted for the Competition. Multiple entries will not be accepted and anyone found to have used multiple entries will be disqualified.
12. The Competition will require access to a computer and internet access. This will not be provided by the Promoter nor will the Promoter be responsible for providing you with an email account. You do not need to have or create an account on any platforms.
13. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry which does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or if your conduct is contrary to the spirt or intention of the Competition.
14. The original author of the submission to the Competition (the Entrant) will retain all copyright in the submission and JLR shall not own any such copyright by virtue of the Entrant submitting their Story to the Competition. The Entrant and their Parent or Guardian consent to JLR reproducing the winning stories in full or in part in its marketing materials (for example its social media channels, email communications and blog posts), and JLR agrees that the Entrant will be credited as the author in all such materials. JLR reserves all of its rights in regard to its ownership of the trade marks LANDY, LAND ROVER and JAGUAR LAND ROVER as well as any other intellectual property owned by JLR and no Entrant shall acquire any rights in such intellectual property through their participation in this Competition.
HOW TO ENTER
15. To enter, the Entrant must simply write a story centred around ‘Landy’ and/or ‘Fender’ the fictional Land Rover characters created by author and illustrator of the Landy & Friends books, Veronica Lamond (the “Story”). The Story must be a maximum of 500 (five hundred) words and the main character of the Story must be Landy and/or Fender.
16. The Parent or Guardian must then submit the Story via the Submission Form. The Submission Form can be accessed from https://www.landrover.co.uk/landy-adventure.html and must include the following details: full name of the Entrant, your full name, your contact email address, your phone number, confirmation that the Entrant is between the ages of 5-8 years old, confirmation that the Entrant resides in the UK and confirmation that you are the parent or legal guardian of the Entrant. Stories must be typed into the submission form.
17. Only entries that have been answered and completed correctly will be considered as a valid entry.
18. If, for any reason, a technical interruption equipment failure, network, server, computer hardware or software failure or site failure occurs and the Competition is not capable of running as planned or entries are not received or validly submitted or the Prize (as defined below) is disrupted, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition if necessary.
19. The Promoter does not take any responsibility for incomplete entries, late entries or entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit (regardless of cause) and any such entries will not be considered valid. The Promoter will not accept proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition if necessary.
21. All validly submitted entries will be split into two categories, entries received from 5 (five) to 6 (six) year-olds and entries received from 7 (seven) to 8 (eight) year-olds (the “Age Categories”). The Age Categories will be determined by the Entrant’s age at the date that the competition closes – 23:59 25th March 2021. Entries will be judged by Veronica Lamond. In order to determine the winners for each Age Category, Entrants’ Stories will be judged on the following criteria: originality, plot, characterisation, language and enjoyment.
22. There will be 1 (one) first place winner (“First Place Winner”), 1 (one) second place winner (“Second Place Winner”), and 1 (one) third place winner (“Third Place Winner”) selected from each Age Category from all successful entries by Veronica Lamond on 19th April 2021 (together the “Winners”). There will be 6 (six) Winners in total.
23. The winning Stories chosen by Veronica Lamond will be final.
24. The 2 (two) x First Place Winners will each win:
• Each First Place Winner will receive 1 x illustration of a scene from their Story; this will be personally illustrated by the author/ illustrator, Veronica Lamond; and
• The Land Rover Experience.
(the “First Place Prize”).
25. The 2 (two) x Second Place Winners will each win 1 (one) signed Landy & Friends hard-back book of their choice, subject to availability (the “Second Place Prize”).
26. The 2 (two) x Third Place Winners will each win 1 (one) signed Landy & Friends soft-back book of their choice, subject to availability (the “Third Place Prize”).
27. The Parent or Guardian of each Winner will be contacted using the email address provided with their Competition entry on 19th April 2021 and asked to confirm their name, the age of the Entrant and their postal address and that they accept the First, Second, or Third Place Prize (the “Prizes”) on behalf of the Winner. In the event a winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours, the next best entry shall be selected to be a Winner by Veronica Lamond (and the list of Winners shall be adjusted by moving up a level (e.g. second place to first) where applicable.
28. The Prizes (as applicable) will be sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery to the postal address supplied by the Winner on their Competition entry.
29. The Winners will be announced on social media on 20th April 2021.
30. Entrants may only win one Prize throughout the duration of the Competition.
31. There are no cash or credit alternative prizes and each Prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable. The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
32. If the Promoter subsequently discovers the Winner is ineligible, has breached these Terms and Conditions, or foul play or unethical conduct is suspected under these Terms and Conditions, or if the Winner cannot be contacted in accordance with clause 27, then the Promoter reserves the right to not award the Prize and another Entrant will be chosen as the Winner in accordance with clause 21, and runners up will be bumped up accordingly.
33. If any of the Prizes offered are unavailable, cancelled or suspended due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter will not be able to offer an alternative and will not owe any further liability to the Winner. The Winner will not be entitled to any monetary equivalent or compensation for costs or expenses incurred or suffered in connection with taking up the Prize.
34. Winners accept that the Prizes could be cancelled or suspended for any reason whatsoever beyond the control of the Promoter.
35. In the event that any Winner is unable to take up their Prize for any reason you must notify the Promoter, or its designated agency immediately. In this circumstance, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to another entrant in accordance with clause 21. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the Prize.
36. You acknowledge and agree that the Promoter will not be responsible for your costs and/ or expenses (including travel expenses) of attending the Land Rover Experience.
37. In all circumstances, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
38. Neither the Promoter or its affiliates, agents, officers or employees will be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss or damage arising out of organising or holding this Competition or as a result of a Child’s or an Entrant's participation in it, participation in any of the activities or as a result of the Winner winning, participating in, collecting or enjoying the Prize and/or the Competition, or if the Competition does not run as planned. This paragraph does not seek to exclude the liability of any party listed in this paragraph for (a) death or personal injury caused by their negligence, (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, and/or (c) any other matter for which it would be unlawful for them to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability. Your statutory rights are not affected.
39. You understand and accept that Veronica Lamond is an independent third party and is not a representative, employee, agent or otherwise associated with the Promoter’s company, brands, products or services (with the exception of Landy books) and therefore the Promoter excludes (to the extent permitted by law) any and all liability caused as a result of Veronica Lamond’s acts or omissions, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, (providing they are not related to the Promoter’s administration of this Competition).
40. You accept that Veronica Lamond is the owner of the copyright in the Illustration(s) and that the Prize winner shall not be permitted to reproduce or commercialise their prize of an Illustration by Veronica Lamond.
41. The Promoter may change these Terms and Conditions or cancel the Competition at their absolute discretion and without incurring liability as a result unless the Prize has been awarded.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
42. By entering this Competition, you understand that the Promoter (and its agents, contractors and group members on its behalf) may process, store, distribute and/or use the information (including personal data) you provide in your Competition entry and in the process of entering, as set out below:
(a) To enable them to administer your entry in the Competition, including deciding whether it accords with these Terms and Conditions;
(b) To notify you if you are the Parent or Guardian of a Winner. If you are the Parent or Guardian of a Winner you agree that the Promoters may announce or make available on request the Winner’s name, county/town and winning Story unless you object to the Promoters doing so or request that the amount of personal information announced or made available is reduced by the Promoters, in accordance with this clause 41 and clause 42
(c) You agree that the Winner’s photograph and/or film footage may be used by the Promoter in promotional materials and/or publications associated with the Competition. If you are the Parent or Guardian of the Winner then you will be asked to sign the Film Footage Consent Form in the form attached at the Schedule to these Terms and Conditions. Should a Winner’s Parent or Guardian object to signing the Film Footage Consent Form they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If a Winner’s Parent or Guardian does not sign the Film Footage Consent Form then photographs and/or film footage of that Winner shall not be used by the Promoter; and
(d) To share with organisations assisting with the conduct of the Competition and fulfilment of the Prize.
43. Entrants’ name and contact information used for the purpose of this Competition shall be retained for a period of 1 month from the Closing Date.
44. Should any Parent or Guardian object to the Winner’s name, winning Story and/or county/town of residence being announced or made available upon request by the Promoters then they should contact email@example.com. The Promoter will not announce or make available the personal information of any Winners whose Parents or Guardians have objected. The Promoter may, however, need to provide such data for any lawful or regulatory purposes to a regulator.
45. Data will be handled in accordance with (i) any data protection legislation from time to time in force in the UK including the Data Protection Act 2018 or any successor legislation; and (ii) for so long as and to the extent that the law of the EU has legal effect in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679), and any other directly applicable EU regulation relating to privacy.
47. To find out the name and country of the Winner(s) please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Promoters will not share the details of the Winners if they have not provided prior written consent to the Promoters, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
48. If you have any other questions about the Competition, please send you question by e-mail to email@example.com before the Competition ends.
49. If you have any questions about how your contact information is being handled, please contact DPOffice@jaguarlandrover.com