- Bath Rugby programme participant Jordan Honan was this week named the HITZ Young Ambassador, supported by Land Rover at the 2014 Awards
- HITZ is Premiership Rugby’s social inclusion programme aimed at tackling some of the biggest challenges facing young people today
- Land Rover is a key partner of Premiership Rugby’s social inclusion programme, HITZ. The inaugural awards were held to recognise and reward the successes of HITZ participants since the programme launched in November 2013
- The HITZ Young Ambassador award is designed to recognise an individual that has benefited from the programme and had a positive impact on other programme members
Jordan Honan of Bath Rugby’s HITZ programme was awarded the title of HITZ Young Ambassador at the 2014 Awards earlier this week. Honan was nominated alongside fellow worthy candidates Relon Thompson from the Northampton Saints Programme and Josh Hardy from the Sale Sharks Programme.
HITZ tackles some of the greatest challenges facing young people today – unemployment, crime and disillusionment.
Delivered nationally by Premiership Rugby and funded by national partners Barclays, Comic Relief, Land Rover and Wooden Spoon, HITZ uses rugby to increase young people's resilience, self-reliance and confidence. It gives them the skills to get back into education, vocational training, apprenticeships and employment
The Young Ambassador Award, supported by Land Rover, rewards the individual who has done the most to represent the HITZ programme among their peers and in their communities. It recognises someone who, by participating in HITZ, has grown and changed for the better and whose positive attitude has made an impact on those involved in and around the project.
The multi award winning HITZ programme was officially launched in November 2013, together with its four key partners, including Land Rover. Since then the programme has grown and the HITZ awards are a testament to the great work the initiative is delivering.
Through its partnership with HITZ, Land Rover is proud to support the programme, offering youngsters unique experiences that have included tours of Jaguar Land Rover manufacturing facilities, retailer work experience days, Land Rover Experience visits and trips to Twickenham with Land Rover rugby ambassadors.
Honan was presented the award by Laura Schwab, Marketing Director Jaguar Land Rover UK and Land Rover Ambassador Jason Robinson. Commenting on the award, Laura Schwab said:
“The HITZ programme is delivering incredible value to the individuals and communities involved in the initiative. For Land Rover to be able to support and champion such a great cause is incredibly important to us. Land Rover shares many of the core values of rugby that are translated into the HITZ programme; strength of character, determination and integrity to name a few.”
Rugby World Cup winner and Land Rover Ambassador Jason Robinson added:
“I have been where these youngsters are coming from and I can appreciate the struggles that they might encounter in their daily lives. I also know the power of rugby and what it can teach you; it has helped to shape who I am today and given me incredible experiences and lessons along the way.
Jordan is a worthy winner of this award and it is incredible that Land Rover is supporting their progress through the HITZ programme.”
- Component Schema: Ready To Go Bar
- Component View: ready-to-go-bar
- Component Id: tcm:295-82911